Blog - Category: light bulbs
Posted on: 20 Mar 2015. Category: light bulbs
Infrared halogen quartz lamps are ideal for keeping food hot. They have a tungsten wire filament enclosed in a quartz tube. The advantage here is that quartz is highly transparent for infrared radiation. This means that the thermal output is emitted in the short-wave infrared range with minimal losses. In addition, the filler gas in the quartz vessel contains halogen additives to prevent the lamp from blackening and ensures long average life. Catering lamps take up very little space and are easy to service. They are renowned for their short response times, precise regulation and high efficiency. Infrared halogen quartz lamps heat up instantly allowing the heat to pass through the object by radiation and conduction. This means that our halogen lamps can heat, bake and cure objects evenly with very high efficiencies. This will shorten operating times, reduce heat loss, and improve quality consistent. We also have aluminium Lamp Holder/Reflector for the light bulbs that are suitable for wattages above 500 watts.
Posted on: 13 Mar 2015. Category: light bulbs
Fireglow lamps are widely used in decorative feature fires, They are sprayed with a red fade resistant lacquer to maintain its decorative effect and create a warm glow. Fireglow light bulbs are suitable for particularly hot conditions. This incandescent light bulb is still available from stock and are classed under special application light bulbs.
Posted on: 10 Mar 2015. Category: light bulbs
Crown silvered light bulbs create a wide area of background light. They reflect the light from the lamp back into a fitting which contains a reflector that then reflects the light forwards in a controlled beam reducing the direct glare which makes it ideal for use in displays and shop windows. Available in standard GLS shape in 60/100 Watt with ES or BC caps.
Posted on: 09 Mar 2015. Category: light bulbs
Prolite's Energy saving fluorescent black light blue lamp, emitting ultra violet light is ideal in applications such as nightclubs, theatres, special effects lighting and anti-drug use areas. Blacklight will liven up your celebrations, Halloween parties, dances and get-togethers for years. They totally change the atmosphere of any happy gathering or occasion. Posters and colors take on a whole new look when illuminated. Utilising Woods glass this lamp offers all the expected benefits of energy saving compact fluorescents.
Posted on: 13 Jan 2015. Category: light bulbs
Got a light bulb which you can't find online or in the super market? We have developed the easy light bulb finder to make life a little less stressful. You can easily find the light bulb you have by browsing the choice of cap or the shape of the bulb. The website will then show you lamps that match.
http://www.electricsandlighting.co.uk/bulb-finder have a look at this new online tool here now.
Posted on: 17 Oct 2014. Category: light bulbs
The incandescent light bulb was first patented by Thomas Edison in 1879 and has changed very little since and Manufacturers and retailers have entered into a voluntary arrangement not to produce, import or restock 100w and 150w incandescent light bulbs after the 1st September 2009(Britain has signed up to a proposal that will see all traditional light bulbs phased out by 2016) due to incandescent light bulbs being very inefficient. We need to accept that the incandescent light bulb is very inefficient and watts are a measurement of electricity, not of light output. When we pass a current through the tungsten filament it glows white-hot. This is what gives off the light. Unfortunately, only around 10% of the energy used is given off in light with the remaining 90% being given off in heat. This makes the incandescent light bulb only 10% efficient and that in part has led to its downfall.
But do not worry just yet if you are not used to LED replacements, will still have available a selection of them in stock now
Posted on: 12 Aug 2014. Category: light bulbs
Got a light bulb which you can't find online or in the super market? We have developed the easy light bulb finder to make life a little less stressful. You can easily find the light bulb you have by browsing the choice of cap or the shape of the bulb. The website will then show you lamps that match. http://www.electricsandlighting.co.uk/bulb-finder have a look at this new online tool here now.